Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pneumonia

Well, Addison was still not feeling well yesterday and spiked a temperature of 102.0, I gave her some tylenol and took her temp again about an hour later and it only went down to 101.4. I called her doctor and was told to take her back to the emergency room seeing that they wouldn't be able to do much for her in the office. We went to the ER and had another chest xray and the doctor had told us that it was pneumonia. They did some blood work and gave her a shot of rocephin which is a strong antibiotic and told us to follow up with her pediatrician today. So off we went to the doctors this a.m. and they gave her a prescription for amoxicillin, so hopefully she will be back to normal in the next couple of days. On a good note, Addison weighs 7 pounds now and the doctor is very happy with her weight gain since last Thursday, she gained 6 ounces in only 5 days! Especially having the fever 6 ounces is a lot. Well, lets hope for a speedy recovery! She actually has been a very good girl even though she is feeling so crumby.
She has been still smiling...

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that the little peanut is sooo sick, I hope for a speedy recovery. I am thrilled to hear she is finally making progress with her weight.

    ReplyDelete